Sunday, September 7, 2008

Day 8

Hello from Kenya,
Today we had fun bargaining at a market. We went to the market to find stuff for my mom's auction that is in Oct. As my dad said I had my own money and I brought it down to do a little shopping myself. I had about 100 US dollars. I went down and bought 10 small animals that are black for 800 schillings and my mo bought me two necklaces for 100 schillings or all together about 13 dollars worth of stuff. you wouldn't believe how tiring bargaining is at a market. Everything is set at a very high price and you have to work them to get it lower.
Then we went back to the hotel and rested before dinner. I worked on homework while my mom was in a makeshift meeting. Just as a side note it actually rained today. Then we went to dinner and figured out what we have to do tomorrow. The list is very long and sounds very tiring.
For food we had the same for breakfast, pizza that was very good we had for lunch, and for dinner we had roasted chicken, potatoes, and chapati. They were all very good and yummy.
Gotta run,
Justin

2 comments:

Judy said...

And proud you should be! There is NOTHING more gratifying for parents then to watch their children grow and develop into caring responsible adults. I must say that goes for grandparents as well. :-) Congratualtions to all involved. Can't wait to see all of you on Wednesday. Travel safely with our love, Kari and Justin.
Grandma J

Alice Maureaux said...

I'm glad to hear that you had a good time, ate well and got a lot of work done, too! Sounds absolutely amazing!!